St Andrew’s is the home of a community of faith who seek to follow the way of Jesus in loving one another, practising generous hospitality, seeking peace and pursuing justice. We worship in the contemporary catholic style of the Anglican tradition, caring for and supporting one another to grow spiritually and live out our faith in practical ways in our communities.
We seek to be open and inclusive, fostering authentic and whole-hearted conversations as we bring our Christian faith into dialogue with the most pressing issues and greatest needs of our world today.
Our worship is sacramental, appreciates the beauty of music and recognises the power of symbol and ritual to communicate truth and grace and draw us into mystery.
We recognise that diversity in community is a strength and strive to create new ways of encouraging each other to develop our unique gifts, wherever we may be in life. Children are very much a part of our worshipping family.
We believe that we are called to be co-creators of God’s kingdom and agents of transformation in the world as we work together to live out the Anglican Marks of Mission;
- To proclaim the Good News of the Kingdom
- To teach, baptise and nurture new believers
- To respond to human need by loving service
- To transform unjust structures of society, to challenge violence of every kind and pursue peace and reconciliation
- To strive to safeguard the integrity of creation, and sustain and renew the life of the earth